Skip to main content


How do I declare a major in Environmental Sciences? Which courses count towards the major? Can I focus on a particular scientific discipline?  What kinds of careers are well-served by a major in Environmental Sciences? We offer resources to help you answer all of these questions and more.

Please contact the program office for more information: (847) 467-2976.

Declaring a Major

Key Steps:

Advising Resources

The following websites contain important information about double counting courses, independent study, study abroad, transfer credits, etc. You should familiarize yourself with these regulations when developing and following your 4-year course plan. 

Weinberg College Rules and Policies

Double Counting Rules for non-WCAS Students

Tracking Progress in the Major

When you petition to graduate, you will be asked to show which courses you have taken and which you will take to satisfy your degree requirements. But even before then, you should keep track of the courses you still need to fulfill requirements in the Environmental Sciences major. The documents below will help you track your progress in the major:

Environmental Sciences Major Checklist (Science Track) Catalog Yr 2018-2019

Environmental Sciences Major Checklist (Policy Track) Catalog Yr 2018-2019 

Back to top